Authorise somebody to vote on your behalf
If you are unable to vote in person, for example because you have to work or are on holiday, you can authorize another voter to cast your vote on your behalf. In that case you have to give that person an authorization (proxy voting). The person voting on your behalf must vote both for you and for him- or herself at the same time. A person can be authorized to vote on behalf of no more than two other people.
There are two ways of authorising another voter to cast your vote:
Using the voting pass
- Ask somebody who also lives in Diemen to vote on your behalf.
- Fill out the back of your voting pass. You will receive the voting pass 3 weeks before the election day.
- You and the person voting on your behalf (the authorised person) both have to sign the voting pass.
- The person voting on your behalf (the authorised person) takes the completed and signed voting pass with him to the polling station. The person casts your vote at the same time he casts his own vote.
- When casting the vote, the person voting on your behalf has to show (a copy of) your identity document. This person can also show your identity document on a smartphone or tablet.
You can use a written authorisation if you would like to arrange a proxy before you get your voting pass. For example because you are going to be away on holiday. Will you be living in Diemen on 31 January 2022? Then you can request the written authorisation at the Municipality of Diemen. You can download the form via this link (in Dutch). Or pick up the form at the election counter in City Hall (D.J den Hartoglaan 1). This is possible as of Wednesday, 23 February 2022.
You and the person voting on your behalf (the authorised person) each fill in a section of this form. Both people sign it. Afterwards you submit the form to the municipality.
The completed and signed form can be:
- scanned and sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- or sent by post to: Unit Verkiezingen, D.J den Hartoglaan 1111 ZB Diemen
- or submitted to the election counter in City Hall (D.J den Hartoglaan 1). This is possible as of Wednesday, 23 February 2022. When you submit the form at the counter, you need to show your valid identity document.
Send or submit form on time
The municipality must have received the form by Friday, 11 March 2022, before 17.00 hrs.
If your request is approved, the person voting on your behalf will get a legal proxy. This person can use this to vote on your behalf. If he has a written authorisation the authorised person does not need to show an identity document for you.